2018 Merry Maker Market guidelines
EVENT DATES: December 1-23, 2018
LOCATION: TBA Boise, Idaho (location to be announced by November 1st)
ABOUT MERRY MAKERS MARKET:
Merry Makers Market (MMM) is a unique holiday art show featuring a handful of local artists and creative handmade gifts. Our month long pop-up market is setup retail style in a small, centralized location in Boise and manned by our participating artists in rotating shifts. We are excited to provide an opportunity for local artists to share their work with the community yet still allow them to work behind the scenes during the busy holiday season. MMM is also an opportunity for local artist who would like to or don't normally have the ability to wholesale test their goods in a retail environment.
- Artist applications are open until September 22, 2018.
- Artists will be notified of acceptance October 8th.
- Booth fees are due by October 15, 2018
Applications are juried by the Merry Makers Committee to ensure a selection of unique, high quality, and diverse goods are chosen for this carefully curated space. We select artists/goods based on how well they fit within our vision of Merry Makers Market and for their quality, innovation and uniqueness. We also look for artists who have cohesion and consistency in their work.
- $200 booth fee
- Artists will pay 2.75% for all CC sales pertaining to their inventory
- Artists are responsible for paying their own sales tax (which will be provided to them at the time checks are issued). Artists must have a current Idaho Sales Tax ID or once accepted, can request a temporary ID when filling out the MMM state tax form.
- Booth fees go towards covering the costs of our rental space, utilities, website, marketing, packaging and supplies, etc.
- A final sales report and checks will be issued/mailed within a week of close (December 31).
Full refunds for cancelations will be given until October 31, 2018. After November 1st no refunds will be made. If you cancel you forfeit your spot and MMM reserves the right to fill your space as we see fit. Our 2018 facility is TBA; if for some reason we are unable to proceed with this year’s market, full refunds will be sent to all artists within 10 days of cancellation.
The concept of the extended length pop-up survives on the fact that artists will contribute by working at the space. Artists are responsible for covering a minimum THREE shifts at the MMM shop. Shifts are four hours long; 11-3pm and 3-7pm, Tuesday-Saturday and 12-4pm on Sundays (Mondays TBA). We will also host a special event for First Thursday, Dec 6th, that can count towards a shift. During that time artists are responsible for all sales, maintaining cash register, questions, general cleaning and tidiness of space.
- Each artist will receive roughly 4-8 sq feet of space based on the type/size of product made. We will work with each of you to accommodate your needs the best we can.
- The pop-up will provide tables, shelving and walls; the artists will provide their own table top, wall, and shelf displays for product provided. If you have a specific shelf, table, wall you would like to use, please provide photos and/or a description with your application. (photos can be emailed to email@example.com)
- Please note this is a curated retail space, not a craft show, and Boise Merry Makers committee reserves the right to alter your display, highlight products or move items as necessary to make the space feel like an inviting retail environment.
- Artists are responsible for keeping their inventory stocked for the entire length of the pop-up. It is recommended that you check in with your space 1-2 times a week.
- Artists are responsible for clearly pricing/labeling inventory as well as keeping inventory/pricing up to date in the Square account.
SET UP + TEAR DOWN:
Artists set-up will be available November 29-30th from 11-7pm unless otherwise noted. Doors open at 11am December 1st. Artists may pick up Sunday, December 23rd after close from 4-7pm or December 26-27th by appointment (hours/days subject to change). If you are unable to pick up your inventory due to holiday plans we are happy to make an arrangement to store items until pick up is available.
SECURITY + THEFT:
Although we are committed to loss prevention, Merry Makers Market is not responsible for loss of product due to unintentional damage, cashier mis-rings, or theft. Part of the booth fees goes towards providing the pop-up with liability insurance in case of damage to property or injury. However, we highly encourage that you seek your own coverage as individual vendors.